The German Shepherd is arguably the most versatile dog in the world. The GSD was bred to be loyal, intelligent, highly trainable and protective. My favorite quote from the Founder of the breed: “The breeder can indeed lay the foundations of a good and serviceable dog but the owner must see to it that he brings to their highest possible development, the physical and mental foundations already laid and thus he has the most gratifying task.” It is this call to commitment that has inspired not only me to be the best for my dogs, but also teach others how to do the same.
THE EUROPEAN WORKING LINE AND CZECH BLOODLINES
The German Shepherd was meant to be a highly versatile dog. This dog instills a stable temperament that can be fine laying by your side and hanging out with the family in one instant but completely suited to tap into their genetics and perform working tasks for longer periods when called upon.
I have seen the very bloodlines that are claimed to be more calm in the German Shepherd be the most dog aggressive and problematic with training.
Balance is everything. All of our breeding dogs are balanced in that they can go from family life to a working task with ease. The German Shepherd was designed to be confident. This is a dog that was designed to be confident and observant and able to conserve its energy for when it was time to work. Specifically this herding dog would rest and keep watch over the herd in one instant and in the next be in constant movement keeping the herd together and safe from predators.
Often times the highest-level dogs in sport are able to be calm and rest or just be with its handler until it is his time to perform. A dog that is constantly anxious will simply be exhausted before it is able to perform its work with any clarity.
It is our responsibility as owners that we give our German Shepherds this same balance that it was designed to possess. If you get a German Shepherd and expect it to only lie around the house and never chase a ball or run, you are looking for the wrong breed. I see many people that fail be quick to blame the line or breeding when in reality it is their lack of knowledge for the breed as a whole and a failure to incorporate and implement any sort of puppy management and training system.
Our family has 4 young children. We simply would not have dogs here that we don’t trust. Our proof is in our numbers of success stories with our RRK9 families. We vet our potential dog owners. We ask questions. Because guess what, ownership carries responsibilities to ensure the dogs success. That is why we put so much effort into not just our breeding and training program, but investing back into our RRK9 owners by providing them with expert knowledge and training.
We consider a Red Rock K9 German Shepherd to be more than just a dog, but rather a member of the family. After all, your dog should be a part of the family for the next 15 years. Invest in the best with Red Rock K9!
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES FOR YOU AND YOUR RED ROCK K9
There is nothing a German Shepherd loves to do more than to work and accomplish a task. There are so many sports and activities that you can do with your German Shepherd. Here are some of the most popular sports and activities for dogs: Agility, Dock Jumping, Schutzhund (IPO), French Ring, Mondio Ring, Flyball, Herding Trials, Tracking, and Rally Obedience. A Red Rock K9 German Shepherd will excel in any one of these sports! You never know, you might just stumble upon a hobby that you never knew could be so much fun for you and your dog!
EXPLORE A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF PET FRIENDLY PLACES...
A Red Rock K9 German Shepherds loves an adventure! Whether you like to walk, run or hike; your dog will be right by your side. Explore new and fun places with your German Shepherd. We love getting pictures of our dogs going to lakes, dog friendly restaurants, and parks. Perhaps you will even take up some new actives with your K9 partner such as camping, hiking, and exploring other dog friendly places! If you are looking for the ultimate family companion or personal protection dog; we have exactly what you want!
SECURITY YOU CAN TRUST
In multiple studies and interviews conducted among convicted sexual assault, robbery and burglary felons they were asked what security measures taken by homeowners were most effective at deterring their criminal intentions. Consistently at the top of the list were protection dogs.
When asked why, criminals listed these reasons:
- Canine hearing abilities pick-up suspicious sounds earlier than alarm systems.
- Canine barking alerts homeowners and neighbors too quickly.
- Criminals fear of being attacked by a dog.
- Criminals know confronting a dog is much more hazardous than dealing with an alarm system.
Research from the Fraternal Order of Police
Dogs don’t hesitate and they are not intimidated by the criminal. It has been proven that it takes the average gun owner 40 seconds from initial burglary break-in to awake from a sleep state and reach the location of a gun in the home. Dogs will react immediately by barking and confronting the intruder, giving families the necessary time to escape or protect themselves by alternative means.
From the US Department of Justice & According the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
- Every40 seconds another child is reported missing in the United States.
- 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
- The rate of missing children has increased over 468% since 1982.
- 16% are taken in their own home or yard; 40% are abducted from their street or car; 14% from a nearby park or wooded area.
- More than 1/5 of the children in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children listed in non-family abductions are found dead.
- Approximately 800,000children younger than 18 were reported missing. More than 200,000 children were abducted by family members. More than 58,000 children were abducted by non family members. An estimated 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping.
- Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes. That is 500 each day.
- The United States is the 6th ranked country for the highest rape
- 29%of sexual assault victims are ages 12 to 17 and 15% are under age 12.
- 100% of female rapes resulted in injuries and 75% required medical care after the attack.
- An estimated 3.7 million burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007. A household member was present in roughly 1 million burglaries and became victims of violent crimes in 266,560 burglaries.